Designed for use with Alkalol Nasal Wash
Designed to properly regulate solution flow to be comfortable and effective
Helps to clear mucous congestion
Using Alkalol with the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup is a quick, easy, and effective way to gently wash and cleanse the nasal passages.
Used regularly, Alkalol and the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup can safely rinse away dust, pollen, and mold, as well as other inhaled irritants that can cause allergies, nasal congestion, and sinusitis.
STEP 1: Thoroughly rinse and dry your Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup, removing any dust that may have settled in or on it.
STEP 2: Add Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup following the guide below:
- Mild: Add one teaspoon of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 20%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water.
- Medium: Add two teaspoons of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 40%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water .
- Strong: Add three teaspoons of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 60%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water.
- Very Strong: Add four teaspoons of Alkalol to the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup filling it approximately 80%, and the balance with saline or warm distilled or sterilized water.
STEP 3: Holding one finger over the larger opening, place the spout end of the Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup into one nostril.
STEP 4: While facing forward, release your finger. The Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup allows Alkalol to flow naturally and gently into one nostril, across the nasal cavity and out the other nostril. Do not inhale, gravity will allow the solution to flow properly. You may tilt your head slightly to one side if you like. The Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup is specifically designed to properly regulate the flow to be comfortable and effective. Inhaling can interrupt the flow and may cause unnecessary discomfort. This part may take some practice, but after the first few attempts you’ll be on your way.
STEP 5: Blow through your nose without closing off either nostril. This is recommended because if one nostril is closed, forceful blowing could injure your inner ear. Always blow gently.
STEP 6: Repeat steps 2-5 in the opposite nostril.
STEP 7: Rinse your Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup thoroughly with distilled, sterile, or boiled and cooled water. Dry with a paper towel or let it air dry between uses.
Should you experience any irritation or burning sensations, there are some likely culprits:
- Solution is too weak: Rinsing your nasal passages with plain water will result in a burning sensation. Make sure there is enough Alkalol in your mix.
- Solution is too strong: Make sure Alkalol is thoroughly mixed by shaking well or try a milder solution.
- Water temperature: If the water temperature is either too hot or too cold, you may experience discomfort. Aim for a lukewarm temperature. Remember to test the water first with your finger.
- Boldly refreshing: Upon initial use, you may experience an invigorating sensation lasting a few seconds. This sensation is part of the process that allows Alkalol to work.
Keep out of reach of children.