Unique dual-action formula: 1. Washes away poison ivy, oak and sumac (Urushiol) from the skin. 2. Relieves itching in 30 seconds. Poison Ivy Wash is a specially formulated wash for urushiol-induced contact dermatitis. Urushiol is the toxin known to cause the itching and rash associated with poison ivy, oak, sumac, poisonwood, and related plants. The most important step in eliminating the rash is to remove urushiol from the skin. Poisn Ivy Wash works by surrounding urushiol and bonding with it, enabling it to be rinsed away with water. Poison Ivy Wash offers relief at any stage of the reaction and often with only one wash. Most individuals experience relief from the itching within 30 seconds of application. The rash will begin to subside within hours if the reaction is mild to moderate.
Poison Ivy Wash is easy to use: The following directions are for an area the size of an adult hand or face. For best results, use Poison Ivy Wash in a shower or sink where it is easy to thoroughly rinse off the product. 1. Wet the affected area. 2. Squeeze 1 and 1/2 inches (no less; see ruler on package) of Poison Ivy Wash onto one palm. (Product will not work if less than 1 and 1/2 inches is used.) 3. Wet and rub both hands together for 10 seconds, working the product into a paste. (This will activate the ingredients. Do not bypass or modify this step). 4. Rub both hands (up to 3 minutes, if needed) on the affected area, working Poison Ivy Wash into the skin until there is no sign of itching (15 seconds is typical for mild to moderate reactions). 5. Rinse area thoroughly. If the itch returns (which could be several hours later), rewash, following steps 1 through 5, and read the Q&A insert found in the package. This tube contains enough Poison Ivy Wash to wash approximately 15 patches the size of an adult hand or face. Note: Severe reactions (that typically look like thick leathery burns) will probably require additional washings. If symptoms persist, reread the Q&A insert and see a physician.
Polyethylene Granules; Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate; Nonoxynol-9; C12-15 Pareth-9; Disodium EDTA; Quaternium-15; Carbomer 2%; Triethanolamine; Water
Do not take this product internally. Safe for use by children and pregnant or nursing women. Safe for the face and genitals. Avoid contact with the eye. There are no known side effects. Not recommended for use with rashes not caused by urushiol.
Compare to Zanafel®
Questions or comments: 1 800 719 9260